Last weekend was Stan Lee’s birthday and in honour of that I thought I’d do a feature on him and all of his awesomeness. Enjoy.
Where to start with Stan Lee. I’ll do the Cameos first.
These are my top 10 favourite cameos:
10. Gamma Victim –The Incredible Hulk (2008)
9. Hugh Hefner –Ironman (2008)
8. Janitor –The Amazing Spiderman (2012)
7.Larry King–Ironman 2 (2010)
6.Man on street–Spiderman 2 (2004)
5.Solider–Captain America (2011)
4. Man on Street–Spiderman 3 (2007)
3. Security Guard–The Hulk (2003)
2.Old Man in Park–The Avengers (2012)
1.Willie Lumpkin–The Fantastic Four (2005)
Basic Infomation about Stan Lee:
Full Name: Stanley Martin Lieber
Born: December 28th 1922
City of Birth: New York, NY
Spouse: Joan Lee (Married Since 1947)
- Graduated highschool at 16 in 1939
- Used Stan Lee as his pen name for the first comic he worked on Captain America #3 and he later changed it legally.
- He considered quitting comings in the late 50s
- The first superhero group he created was the Fantastic Four with Jack Kirby.
The popularity of the Fantastic Four he along with Kirby primarily started creating a variety of original characters.
There are too many to list so these are some of my favourites.
5 Things You May Not Know About Stan Lee:
5. One of his first jobs was writing obituaries
4. The first comic book character was “The Destroyer”
He Co-created with Jack Binder and Alex Schomburg (although it’s unclear who actually designed the character), The Destroyer debuted in Mystic Comics #6 (Oct 1941).
3. He Briefly worked for DC
He did a series for DC called “Just Imagine” where he re-wrote various DC characters as if he had created them.
2.He made his comic debut as a text filler.
The comic was ‘Captain America Foils the Traitor’s Revenge’ in Captain America Comics #3 (May 1941). It was also the first time he used the name Stan Lee.
1.He is the highest grossing film maker EVER
He gets an executive producer credit on virtually every Marvel film (even those who’s characters he did not create such as Captain America). Avengers by itself was the third highest grossing film ever. His movies have made over 11 billion dollars.