As you know I am a Buffy fanatic. So I decided to share my Buffy Knowledge. Here are 20 Facts you may not know about Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
1. The show is a sequel to a 1992 movie that actually went away from Joss Whedon’s original idea, he was hesitant about making the show after that but decided to give it a go when approached by the rights holders about doing it.
2. Sarah Michelle Gellar knew the plot of season 5 years in advanced.
3. The first role cast was Anthony Stewart Head for the role of Giles.
4.Sarah Michelle Gellar was up for the role of Sabrina the Teenage Witch before taking the part as Buffy.
5. Sarah Michelle Gellar was originally up for the role of Cordelia and Charisma Carpenter auditioned for Buffy.
6. Nicholas Brandon (Xander) got into acting to overcome a childhood stutter
7.James Marsters (Spike)is from California & auditioned with a texas accent. The producers decided they’d prefer the character to be british.
8.Katie Holmes (Dawson’s Creek) was offered the role of Buffy but turned it down to continue high school.
9.There are academic courses dedicated to the themes of the show as well as books & conferences.
10. The show almost became an animated series
11.The rest of the cast (besides SMG) didn’t know it was ending
12.The character of Oz (Seth Green) was based on someone Joss knew
13. The film version was Hilary Swank’s first movie
14.Charisma Carpenter (Cordelia) was one of the oldest actresses to play a high school student
15.Sarah Michelle Gellar said she hoped to be a role model & tried to stay out of the public eye, especially when partying
16. SMG revealed that her and David Boreanaz (Angel) would mess around with each other on set.
17. Nicholas Brendon (Xander) was told to stop working out because he was getting too fit for the role.
18. Ryan Reynolds was originally offered the role of Xander but turned it down because he didn’t want to play a high school student.
19. It is *RUMORED* that David Boreanaz was offered the role of Batman in Christopher Nolan’s reboots based on his portrayal of Angel
20. Charisma Carpenter (Cordelia) & James Marsters (Spike) appeared together on supernatural.Just 2 of many Buffyverse stars to make appearances on Supernatural.